October 16, 2021
Chichauqua Bottoms Greenbelt Lodge
8700 NE 126 Avenue
Maxwell, Iowa 50161
Google Map (Opens in a new tab.)
Site Rules of Note:
- Wet sites for individual drinks, but no kegs or bars.
- No smoking on site.
- Pet friendly, but no dogs within the longhouse. All dogs must be on leash.
- Masks must be worn indoors.
Site Fee: $0.00 (Yes, it’s free)
Non-member: $0.00 (Yes, it’s free)
Children: $0.00 (Yes, it’s free)
Lunch Inn: $0.00 (Yes, it's free)
Note: Masks must be worn indoors per Kingdom rules.
Camping is available at the park, but not included in the event. No reservations, but there is plenty of room. Hotels available in Ames, Colfax, Ankeny and Altoona.
Google Map (Opens in a new tab.)
- Find your best way to I-35. Take exit 96 toward Elkhart/Polk City./li>
- Turn right onto NE 126th Ave for 5.4 mi. Turn left onto NE 72nd St. which becomes NE Yoder Dr.
- Cross the South Skunk River, and merge right onto NE 134th Ave.
- Turn right onto NE 80th St. which turns slightly left and becomes NE 126th Ave.
- Driveway to site will be on the left.
|12:00 Noon||Investiture Court|
|1:00pm||Baronial A&S Champion entries deadline|
|2:00pm||Baronial Heavy Weapon Championship list opens
Boar pit list opens
|4:00pm||A&S Championship competition closes|
A&S Competition: Any medium, and open to everyone. Prize for Best Overall Entry, and for the Baronial Championship winner (both could be the same person.)
There is a free Inn for this event. Please contact the Inn Proprietor with any dietary restrictions.
Please note this site is 8-10 miles away from other sources of food. Although, maps will be provided.
There are charcoal grills and picnic tables at the site for general use.
List of local places to buy food:
- Maxwell: Dollar General, Casey's , Logsdon Grocery
- Collins: Sweet Oaks Bakery and Bistro (Family owned small business with great biscuits and gravy, and delicious cupcakes.) Open 6:30am - 2pm
- Bondurant: Brick Street Cafe and grocery - Founders Irish Pub.
Post revel will be at Antonia and Gregorii's, which is about 8 miles NorthEast on Highway 65. Maps will be available at gate.
Post Revel information
Post revel will be at Antonia and Gregorii's, which is about 8 miles NorthEast on Highway 65. Maps will be available at gate.Site Information | Event Pricing | Directions| Schedule | Inn | Post Revel | Event Staff | Updates
mka: Gwendolyn Horton
(515) 313 - 5773
Kateryn de Develyn
mka: Deb Hense
(515) 988 - 0448
Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to try to ensure the health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events. By participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to protect your own health and safety and those under your control as you to believe to be necessary.
THE SCA PROHIBITS HARASSMENT AND BULLYING OF ALL INDIVIDUALS AND GROUPS. Participants engaging in this behavior are subject to appropriate sanctions. If you are subjected to harassment, bullying or retaliation, or if you become aware of anyone being harassed or bullied, contact a Seneschal, Kingdom Advocate, President of the SCA, or your Kingdom’s Board Ombudsman.Site Information | Event Pricing | Directions| Schedule | Inn | Post Revel | Event Staff | Updates
Updates to the website
8-29-2021 - Website published
10-5-2021 - Local establishment, Post Revel and Camping/Hotel information added.